Getting started with Promptly is easy. In this guide, we will walk you through the process of building your first app, a story generator app using OpenAI's ChatGPT and Image generation models.
The goal of the app is to generate a story based on a theme provided by the user, and generate an image based on the generated story. We will use ChatGPT to generate the story and prompt to generate the image. We will then use OpenAI's image generation model to generate image from the prompt. Let's go!
- Login to your Promptly account and click on Apps page from the sidebar.
- Click on Web App tile under "Blank Templates" section.
- Enter the name of your app, e.g.
Story Generatorand click on Create App button.
- You will be redirected to the app page with Editor tab open.
- Modify the Input field to take the theme for the story. We will use
themeas the name of the input field.
- Add ChatGPT processor by clicking on the
+Processorbutton. If the button is not green/clickable, make sure you select OpenAI in the
Providerdropdown and select ChatGPT in the
- Configure ChatGPT processor to generate a story for a given theme. Wire the theme variable from input as user's message.
- Add and configure second ChatGPT processor by clicking on
+Processorbutton to generate a prompt for image generation. Wire the output of the first ChatGPT processor as user's message to the second ChatGPT processor.
- Add and configure OpenAI image generation processor by selecting
Image Generationsin Backend dropdown and clicking on
+Processorbutton. Wire the output of the second ChatGPT processor as prompt to the image generation processor.
- Configure output to display the generated story and image. Click on the
Application Outputblock and add the variables corresponding to output of the first ChatGPT processor for story and output of the OpenAI image generation processor for image.
- Save the app by clicking on the
Savebutton on the top bottom corner of the editor.
- Preview the app by selecting the
Previewtab on the left and providing an example theme in the input field. You should see the generated story and image in the output section.
- Publish the app by clicking on the
Publishbutton on the top right corner of the app page.
- Your app is now ready to be used by your users. You can share the app link with your users or embed the app in your website. You can also invoke the app using the API or call it from Slack or Discord.